CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Answers

I have been talking about a lot of topics on my blog one of which is "why"? Why isn't God talking to me? Why isn't he answering my prayers? Why? Why? It's when you least expect it that you have your Ah-Ha moment. Yesterday, at church, the first thing the deacon said during the homily was, "Do you remember a time you wanted something so bad you couldn't stand it?" This got my attention! Yes I do! He went on to talk about suffering, but continuing to trust in the Lord, our answers aren't always what we want them to be, etc. This concept is not new to me, but is something good to hear again. My ah-ha moment was when I was reflecting on this. I needed to hear that message yesterday! Why was he talking about that?  That is the answer, that is it! God is talking to me! He's talking to me by the people he puts in my life, the encouragement they give me. God is always talking to me, but it is me that sometimes keeps my eyes closed and choses not to listen.

2 comments:

  1. Very good assessment
    But still difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh. . . "it is me that sometimes keeps my eyes closed and chooses not to listen"--that stung! You're right though, it's mine to have, His answers, if I open my eyes and listen! Very true!

    ReplyDelete