CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Share the Sorrow

Today at church the priest said many things, but the two statements that really stuck were:

-"When we share others sorrows, we cut them in half" and
- "Where do we think happiness is?"

Both of these struck me for different reasons. The first statement has a twofold meaning to me. Do I listen, help(share) others in their time of sorrow or am I always focused on my own sorrows? Also, Do I share my sorrows with others so they can help me, or do I keep it locked tight in my heart? The obvious reality is that everyone is suffering, everyone is trying to fight their own personal battles. Some of us tell the whole world, some of us tell no one.  Maybe by listening, acting, sharing, and showing love to others suffering, I can help cut their sorrow in half, or at least help make it more bearable and maybe along the way I will be changed also..

The second statement is something that I'm still contemplating.....

1 comment:

  1. Reflecting on these unavoidable but necessarily profound human states is ongoing while on the earthly journey with true relieving realization hopefully coming only in knowing Christ died for us....not just for sorrow while we are here but for joy while we are here as well(something not often realized and praised I do not think..He gives us all we have both tangible and intangible ... physical and spiriutual all wrapped up in one...good and bad....joyful and sorrowful...).......sharing in the bread of life will always give that little slice of heaven where the resolution of the earthly importance and acceptanceand resolvement of these life dealings dissolve .......where one bitty bit of heaven is given to us to savor and satisfy with a taste not like anything on earth,,,,

    that is all I know so far in my journey...these states seem synonymous really unless depicted in the light of the comfort of HIm who brought us here but with a hope unmatched

    ReplyDelete