CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sunrises and Stuff





You haven't seen me in awhile, but only because life has gotten in the way. I have been so tired from work that all I want to do when I get home is take a break. I don't want to even look at a computer! I love October. If I had to pick a favorite month this would be it. The weather starts to change, I celebrate my wedding anniversary, youth group at church gets in full swing, Rangers baseball in post-season play, and the smells of pumpkin and apples permeate my house. 

One topic I have blogged about, is what waiting families(including us) should do during our adoption wait. It seems like be the end of this journey to parenthood I'm going to be very well rounded(or have lots of new projects that will never get finished!). Newest activity up is quilting! I plan to start a beginning quilting bee. When the nice woman called to give me options for which bee to pick, I said "I would like the one for people who don't know how to sew!" She paused, but then found a place for me. What a nice lady!  I have a sewing machine from when I was gung-ho about this same activity about 7 years ago. Machine is still in the box and I dusted it off this weekend. I have found that I have the same road block, and that is, HOW DO I USE THIS SEWING MACHINE?  I will update you as this journey continues, lets hope I can figure this out!

Another activity I started about 3 months ago is Crossfit. I get up and go to this workout class at 630 almost every weekday and have really started to enjoy it. For those of you who are looking for a great workout that really improves strength, and doesn't take very long I would recommend this. I will be fit and ready to chase a toddler around when we get to that stage!  Getting up that early can be difficult, but the reward is great! For instance today, the sunrise was spectacular. What a great time to pray and reflect! 
I have included something I saw that made me laugh! Hope you laugh today too...

how to weigh yourself and get the most accurate result

3 comments:

  1. Love the sunrises.... I'm a morning person
    I love the promise and hope of a sunrise
    So glad u are back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts Lori. Happy Anniversary and Love to you both.

    B & P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beutiful Pictures! That's awesome you're beginning to quilt! I know how you loved the quilt you found at the Peach festival--maybe someday soon you'll be displaying your work there! :-)

    And the cartoon!!!! Awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete