CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lent Day 22: "How Do I Judge Others?"

This is a loaded question!! Maybe it should be, "How do I not judge others?" Everyday I think I sit in judgement.  I judge my family, my friends, my coworkers, my dog...you get my point. I think it is easy to admit that, yes we do judge, we do put people in categories, fat/thin, pretty/ugly, faithful/unfaithful, rich/poor, etc.  I think the challenge is to STOP categorizing.  Show Jesus in your life by not judging others.  What a great challenge!

If I were to meet Jesus at a well today, How would it go?  More than likely(and I'm being honest) I probably would wonder why this strange man who thought he was Jesus was talking to me.  I would use my medical training to observe he must have stopped his medications and was having delusions of granduer. I would probably run the other way for fear of my life! So sad, that if I were to meet Jesus, I would miss out based on my pre-conceived notions and judgements.  This just proves that judgement in our life truly does prevent us from seeing God. Everyday we must work, struggle, to truly see people for who they truly are, not what society tells us they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment