CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday


It seems this week I have not had much to say. It is weird how it works that way. Sometimes I can't type fast enough, sometimes I can't type at all. Today is Good Friday. A very solemn day before the joy of Jesus resurrection on  Easter Sunday. I really like what my daily lenten reflection book wrote today. I thought I would type it so others may get something from it too. The following is from "The Little Black Book: 6 minute meditations on the Sunday Gospels" based on the writings of Bishop Ken Untener and put together by Catherine Haven. For more information you can go to www.littlebooks.org.

The suffering of Jesus may make me uncomfortable. God the Father may seem demanding or cold to make his only son go through all these torments to redeem me. 


My sins may seem like a debt that needs to be paid (rice bowl anyone?) - but I can't pay it so Jesus pays it for me by suffering and dying in my place. God the Father seems like a cruel creditor, carefully measuring the debt owed to him because of sin.


But that's not the way it was at all.
It was a question of love. An act of perfect love.
Jesus the man loved God Fully and (as it turned out) this love involved human suffering. His suffering was the expression of the love of a human being infused with divine love for God.


That love- not the suffering- is the important part. 


After typing these words I have some comments. We all are suffering. We all have our daily crosses. They may be different, but they are not any less deserving. I feel like my suffering is our struggle to have children, but as some very good friends have pointed out," Put your faith in God, his plan for you may be greater than you could ever have imagined". I hope that we all can take our daily suffering and apply this wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment