CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Long, Hot Summer

The temperature is flirting with 100 and that is just the beginning sign that it is going to be a long, hot summer.  The beginning of summer promises baseball, fresh vegetables, new goals, vacation, and of course one lazier than ever dog!! Sadie's newest thing is falling asleep in weird places. This is a shot of her in the middle of the walkway to the kitchen and she won't move when you try to get by!! Maybe she is the kitchen police and what she is really saying is, "step away from the refrigerator!"


This is her very sad that J's Dad left. They visited this weekend and he spent most of the weekend outside with Sadie. After he left, she put her head on the bottom of the chair he sat in and waited for him to come back.



J's parents are great when it comes to gardening. I had a hibiscus since April, and it just wouldn't bloom. Low and behold, just 2 days after they left it was blooming!!

 You may ask why I have a picture of a turtle and I would tell you that it is me...running! I started a phone app called "Get Running" today that was recommend by my sister in law, Ky. It is couch to 5k in 9 weeks. I run sometimes, but I thought this would better train and encourage me. I must say after the first workout I was huffing and puffing. During the cool-down I came across this turtle. I hoped that this was not a sign of how slow I was running!!

We started recycling this summer in our neighborhood! Yeah!

 On the veggie front, my tomato garden is in bloom. The plants are doing okay. It is just my second year so I am still learning. My giant grape tomatoes in the bottom picture are actually miniature romas. I only have one "big Boy" tomato that was blooming, and this morning I awoke to find that it has been attacked by "Angry Birds"!! On the good news, I have an abundance of grape and cherry tomatoes.



2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog today......good post for a hot summer day
    keep it up...the blogging
    yes i have days i feel like hiding

    too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh tomato season
    fried green
    salted slices
    add some balsamic
    mozarella and basil dressed
    on a juicy burger
    coloring a salad
    and if lucky blue crabmeat atop
    better when picked
    you name it
    anyway you like'em
    worth the effort
    homegrown so tasty
    heaven in summer
    when tomatoes climb the vine!
    try them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete