CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Job Chapter 1

Ok, I said Job about a month ago and I have never gone back. Funny thing is, it is when you need it the most, sometimes its the hardest to have faith and put in the time and work necessary to gain some insight.(does that make sense?)
So I'm trying to jump start my hope, faith, attitude, whatever you want to call it and continue on with Job.

I read the first chapter and tried to find parallels in my life. I teared up because to find parallels you have to look at yourself honestly, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and look at what I perceive as my "suffering". We could all read it, see ourselves, but our own suffering will be different.  I then read Dr. Long's questions and comments for further insight.

Verse 1 "In the land of Uz there was a blameless and upright man named Job, who feared God and avoided evil."


I don't live in Uz, however I fear the Lord and I TRYto avoid evil. I am not perfect by any stretch but I identify with Job, because this is what I strive to be like.

Ok, Job had A LOT of animals! I don't have this, but I do realize this is the way the bible tells us he is prosperous. I am not rich however, I have never been hungry, always had a roof over my head, always been loved, for these things I can identify and say I could be considered prosperous.

I guess Job is just a person, trying to do what is right, trusting in God.

1 comment:

  1. Good start
    I never went back either
    good way to tackle it
    one paragraph one chapter at a time....I guess!

    ReplyDelete