CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What if's?

How much time do I dedicate to the "what if's" in my life? I don't think there is any aspect of my life(or really even a day) that I have not wondered "what if". What if I went to this college instead of that one? What if I was a size 2 instead of the size I am? What if I couldn't see? What if a birthmom doesn't like me because our profile isn't good enough? What if I miss out on something good in life because of my misconceptions or fears? What if I worry about everything today, yet don't stop to realize it could all be gone tomorrow? Sometimes making a decision is so hard because I am bombarded with the "what if's". The only thing that helps is FAITH. I have to have FAITH that God has my back, and everything that happens is because of his plan for me. All my worries and fears and "what ifs" are distractions keeping me away from FAITH and His plan. How hard would it be to change those "what ifs" to prayers? What if every time I started to hear "what if" in my head I said a small prayer, something simple like "God I thank you and trust in you to guide me"...Just, What if?

2 comments:

  1. Lori, you spoke right through to me in this post! I'm in constant, "what if." I liked how at the end you suggested going to God and praying with each "what if." I feel plagued by that question in so many aspects of my life. I need to replace it with confidence that although I am the one making the decisions--He is the one perfecting them to His Greater plan (thankfully!). Thanks for the honesty--it's nice to know I'm not the only questioner out there!

    ReplyDelete