CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 7, 2011

Covering God Up

If I asked you these 5 questions, What is your FIRST thought? Be Honest.
What is the first thing you do in the morning?(I hit snooze)
What are you doing tomorrow?(watching Texas/OU football game)
What are you doing this weekend?(celebrating wedding anniversary)
What do you want most in the world?(children)
What will make you happy?(I'm not sure)


These were the questions we asked our Junior High youth group on Wednesday. They placed their answers on post it notes.  We then discussed the questions and had them place their sticky notes with their answers on a heart shaped cutout with the word God on it, and guess what? God was covered up by answers like football, tests, birthday parties, and cheese(random, but we did say first thought). This is why I love the junior high youth group. We make stuff very simple, yet can be so awakening to any age. We cover God up with life. Nowhere in my answers did I say pray, go to church, help poor, etc. And really, we are all seeking happiness, yet when asked I couldn't define in the first thought what would make me happy. We are distracted daily on our journey through life. Our activities are not bad or wrong, but sometimes we get off track from what is important.

2 comments:

  1. So simple and so true
    Love this
    Happy 6th anniversary!
    Luv u bug

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

    As for your post. . . Very convicting and true. In my answers the football game was a different team, and I'm not celebrating an anniversary, but sadlly none of mine stated God either. . . thanks for the reminder Lori

    ReplyDelete