CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

First 9 patch

I attended my first quilting bee this week. It was interesting to say the least. I learned a lot and attempted a patch this weekend. This is it. I'm proud it's finished, but oh it is bad!! The squares are uneven, the grain is not consistent with each patch, but you know what, I did all by myself! I conquered the sewing machine, and won. Meeting some women who have been quilting for decades is pretty amazing. There are lots tricks and patience is required. I really want to create something beautiful, but I guess I have to start with baby steps. Its funny how this applies to life. How often to I want the "beautiful, finished product", but don't want to put the time and hard work required to get that product. I feel my journey to become a parent is like this 9 patch. I want it to be perfect now! God is working on me, he wants me to practice, to be patient, and not give up! That is what I will have to do with my adoption journey (and quilting) if I want to eventually have the end products I dream of!

1 comment: