CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gaudete in Domino Semper(Rejoice in the Lord Always)Phil 4:4-5




Today is the 3rd Sunday of Advent, Gaudete Sunday, Rose Sunday, or the Sunday of Joy. We mark the halfway point of advent today.  This Sunday is about Joy.  Gaudete is latin for Rejoice. Where do we find joy? What do we rejoice about? Some may say it is in our shiny new cars or computers, or maybe we rejoice that our football team won the championship.  Our deacon gave a great homily and none of these things made the list of where we should find joy.  "True Joy" is knowing that despite our struggles, God is near. Christians make it through the wars, illness, challenges, because we have hope and joy and the promise of Christ.  I know looking at my life this is so true. I know I have made it through infertility, death of loved ones, adoption ups and downs, everyday problems, because in my heart I have true joy. I know God is carrying me through these times for a future I cannot see at this time. I wish this Christmas that everyone can find "true joy".

"Brothers and Sisters; Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophetic utterances. Test everything retain what is good. Refrain from every kind of evil.


May the God of peace make you perfectly holy and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will also accomplish it."  Thessalonians 5:16-24

1 comment: