CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Home from DC

We arrived home late last night from our trip to Washington, DC. This was a much needed getaway after a very tumultuous month at work in January. We had a wonderful time visiting many sites, and also visiting my BFF family and newest addition,  baby girl M. I have to say that 2 year old A was the show stopper. Our hotel was the Lorien in old town Alexandria, Virginia. It was a great hotel in a great, historical location. It was a short train ride to the heart of our nations capitol. I was moved and inspired by many of the sites and memorials. Over the next week I hope to post pictures and some of my commentary of a deeper meaning. I found a Lenten meditation book that I plan to use to resume my daily blogging during lent. I wish I had another week to visit, and if we had stayed a day longer we may have been iced in! Today, I am back to reality which means lots of laundry and no groceries. Good thing I have some great memories to make the chores worth it!
Some Photos, I will post more later.
King Street in Alexandria. Our hotel was on this street.

King Street dead ends into a Wharf on the Potomac River.

Paige and stroller at the wharf. The land on horizon is Maryland.

Tea Party with A

A, Baby M, and Me

J at Wharf acting silly after a nice dinner of "famous Maryland lump Crab Cakes" !

Christ Church, George Washington's Church, not far from our hotel.


More A, she is just so Cute, and Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment