CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lent Day 16: Still Waiting....(from popular waiting series last lent)

I recently bought a book called " While We Wait: Spiritual and Practical Advice for those trying to Adopt" by Heidi Schlumpf. I wish I had found this book ages ago. The author, a birth mom herself from a teenage pregnancy, talks about her and her husbands wait to adopt internationally. She has the book divided in small chapters that address certain issues that adoptive families face during their wait. She has everything from waiting during the holidays, coping strategies, when the going gets tough, those who wait with us and more. I would like to share her thoughts of waiting during Easter. I find it very appropriate since we are in the Lenten season preparing for Easter. This particular paragraph really spoke to me:
"Adoptive parents must be Easter people. We must be filled with hope for new life. We must trust that good can come out of bad. We must believe that no matter what happens- our paperwork gets lost, the country we are adopting from changes its rules, the birthmother who selected us changes her mind- God's life will ultimately triumph over these symbolic "deaths". "

J and I are Easter people. We Believe.

1 comment: