CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Don't Ignore

I received an email from RESOLVE to vote on best blog for National Infertility Awareness Week. They challenged their bloggers with a topic, "Don't Ignore". The top five blogs selected were really good. They were very informative and secular, I guess that was the goal.  I read them and voted on my favorite. It really started me thinking about those words, "Don't Ignore". You may say, "Loribug, Why do you care about infertility? You are a parent now." I would answer you with a few words. Infertility never goes away. Anyone who has experienced it will tell you this. Some people may go on to have ten biological children, some may adopt, and some may choose not to have children. If you have ever experienced infertility, it will change you forever. Don't ignore that you will forever be changed by infertility and it will always be a part of you.
Really, the above was just a side note. The most important thing I felt the blogs were missing in the challenge was "Don't ignore GOD!" My relationship with God was solidified through my infertility and adoption journey. I had to trust in him to see the plan he had for me(6 years if you are counting). It wasn't in my hands to control the outcome, just trust that he knew what he was doing. As a person who likes to control and to plan life, this is a hard task. It is also not something that came easily, at all. Honestly, when I prayed and was quiet, that was when I heard my heart. It was then that I found peace with my infertility, that my heart was open to adoption, that my heart healed from a failed match, and that my heart was open to love in whatever form God gave me. Don't ignore GOD.

1 comment:

  1. So True! I've never understood how anyone can truly make it through anything significant without God? How can we possibly think that we would be able to make it through, have confidence in tomorrow, if our only hope is in what we see? If my hope was in that - then it would be pretty hopeless as I'm incapable of healing my own heart.

    ReplyDelete