CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent Day 3: Fasting

This morning J said, "Well today starts lunches at Flying fish and Fuzzies." If you have ever had meals at these establishments, you would know that this is not a sacrifice at all. The sacrifice will be fighting the crowds that are "fasting" as well.  I will fast today.  I will fast until I get unbearable grouchy and irritable. I find it very challenging to fast on days I have to work. It is a test of wills to handle the stress without nourishment. I believe these days of fasting and abstinence are to help me grow in self  discipline and sacrifice.(at least that is what my catechism tells me).  Peanut needs me so this is all I have today. How you are going to fast today.

No comments:

Post a Comment