CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

I decided that lent would be a great time to start blogging.  Forty days for me to examine my feeling about myself.  I hope to comment daily on where I have been, where I am going, and all the stuff in between.  I hope this will help me learn more about myself, and help me navigate the speed bumps that life puts in the way. 

My first action on this first day of lent is to discuss "operation rice bowl".  The idea is to give up something(like daily lattes at Starbucks) and the money saved from giving up that item goes in the rice bowl.  On Easter Sunday, all the rice bowls with money from the sacrifices made during lent, are collected and given to programs that assist the poor and the hungry. 

I am going to give up complaining and negativity.  I know it is not monetary, but I vow to put money in my rice bowl every time I feel the urge to complain, or feel sorry for myself.  I need a daily reminder to look at  my blessings and remember there are those less fortunate. Sometimes I think I get so focused on my problems I forget that everyone is suffering in different ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment