CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 2 of Lent

This blogging is harder than it looks!  What to say everyday for 40 days that will help inspire me? I thought today would be a good day to post a quote that always makes me pause.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens.  But often we spend so much time looking at the closed doors that we cannot see the doors that have opened for us. We must all find these doors, and, if we do, we will make ourselves and our lives as beautiful as God intended."  
Helen Keller

This is such a powerful quote to me, and also very hard to apply.  I think it is so much easier to focus on the closed doors! When I reflect on the past year, I definitely can tell you what doors have closed for me(or at least what I perceive to have closed).  I am looking for the open doors, I have hope they are out there and I can't wait to find out what is behind them! On a day as beautiful as this one, I feel hope for what God has in store for me.

Operation Rice Bowl Update: The rice bowl has its first coins in it! It only took a few hours on Ash Wednesday before I complained about work!  Lucky for me, I have J to keep me on track and remind me to put money in the bowl when I complain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment