CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Lent day 10: "March Madness"


I filled out my march madness NCAA tournament bracket this week.  It stuck me that I really knew nothing about most of the teams and turned to the "experts" or "seeds" to decide who I thought would win.  I, of course, picked the Longhorns to go all the way.  I did not base this on anything except they are my team. After filling the bracket out, I got to thinking about life.  Isn't it weird that we let "experts" tell us who will win?  I did not research any stats or watch any old tapes to make my pick.  I used the recommendations, and my gut. How many times in life do we go with "popular opinion" and make that a reality in our life?  We hear something and we make it a true fact in our life without ever stopping to research and see for ourselves?  I can't decide if this just makes us lazy for not seeking the knowledge ourselves, or insecure for not having faith in ourselves to come up with a reasonable answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment