CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lent Day 11: "More Basketball Inspiration"

I was struggling for inspiration for my blog this morning when J showed me a famous speech on Youtube that brings him to tears every time he sees it. Those of you who know J, know he doesn't tear up often and it must be something special. So we sat in bed and watched the famous speech given by Jimmy Valvano "Jimmy V" at the ESPY awards in 1993 as he was receiving the Arthur Ashe Courage and Humanitarian award.  He was a famous basketball coach who lost his battle with cancer less than 2 months after giving this famous speech.  He said several inspiration things in this speech.  He said there are three things you should do everyday: "laugh, think, and cry(could be from happiness or joy)". "If you do this 7 days a week, you are going to have something special." After watching this with J, I realized I was 1/3 of the way to having a good day.  He said several other things that were moving but I don't think I can do it justice.  If you want to be inspired today you can watch it yourself at the following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E

No comments:

Post a Comment