CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lent Day 5: Couples Skate

J&L "Watch Out, We are Couples Skating"

L & M "Pro's"
Yes, you read that correctly! Last night we ventured out of our comfort zone and into the past.  We went roller-skating to celebrate a friends birthday.  We had a blast! I was a little nervous at first because it has been years since I have been to a roller-skating rink.  Also, the cop arresting someone in the front when we arrived was a little disconcerting. J, M, and I  ventured in to meet the others, and it was like stepping into my childhood glory.  Many Saturdays were spent with my friends  roller-skating.  Everything looked the same: black lights, mirror balls, skates from the 80's however, the music was more todays pop style. I did request Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "Beat-it" and that got the place hopping!  I was also very excited because after 30 something years, I was finally going to get to skate the "couples skate" with my true love.  Oh, the times I wished that back in the day! I guess its true, that if you have faith God will answer your prayers, He will, maybe just not in the timeframe we want.  It was J's first time roller-skating.  He did great(and secretly, I think he had a really good time)! He also enjoyed the flashback to the arcade games from his childhood.(Ah, the days before XBOX). I think my take home message from this adventure it to do something unexpected! We left the roller-rink with big smiles.  You may just get back something unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment