CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Cubical Diaries

Yesterday I blogged about National Infertility Awareness Week and little did I know that J was also participating in this awareness week at work. J doesn't talk much about our story to his friends, especially at work because he processes his feeling differently. I think most women that have gone through this will agree that their husbands don't talk about it much and just keep plugging ahead. I have talked to other women and they have said they wish there was a way to get their husbands to talk about it  more with their friends. I think for them it has to just happen naturally and when they do talk about it they will be honest, and sincere and ready.

Well, the opportunity happened unexpectedly for J in a cubicle at work with two co-workers. (He had not read my blog, and did not know it was awareness week) One of the co-workers whose filtering ability is limited asked J.."Don't you and L ever want to have kids?" J proceeded to tell him, that yes we did want children and had been trying for several years, medical treatments included.  He asked if we had considered adoption and J shared that story. He was floored that all of this had been going on and he didn't have a  clue. The other co-worker who had been sitting there quietly shared with Jaime that his wife had been talking to him about starting a family for the past few months. Other inappropriate comments were said that I won't post(like infertility costs in comparison to the type of car we could be driving now, and inappropriate adoption language), but needless to say made J and I chuckle!  I think we are both doing good if we can talk about our story and then even laugh at the end of it!

I am very proud of J for sharing our story during infertility awareness week. I think it will stimulate conversation between those men and their wives about infertility and adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment