CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lent Day 29: "Rose"

Yesterday, I came home from work and walked by my garden, and the Roses were beautiful!!! Some have started to bloom or are very close, covered in buds. I always associate Easter with roses. I remember one picture in particular of my family in our Easter best with rose bushes in the background(and Easter baskets in hand!). I also remember my Dad always bringing my Mom and I fresh cut roses. I remember yellow roses at my grandmothers funeral. It is funny that my lenten reading today has information on roses. Roses were banned in the early church because they were viewed as a symbol of paganism, orgy, and lust. Today, the christians use roses as a symbol of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Christ. It is interesting that one simple, yet beautiful flower can have so many meanings to so many different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment