CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lent Day 33: "Windy"

The wind is howling and blowing this morning!!! My house is shaking and creaking from it, I hope it still stands at the end of the day. My plants are also taking a beating from the wind and sun, and it is only April, I hope they survive. We have had a really windy and dry season so far. I sit here drinking my coffee and reflecting on what I want to say on my blog today. Then it hits me that this windy day is a great metaphor for my life sometimes.  It seems the past few years I have seen a lot of "wind". I was blessed with a wonderful husband and nice home.  Then it seems the wind came and it has been windy for awhile. Years of hope for children, yet just needles and lots of question marks remained. Then more hope, the miracle of adoption. Then more wind, a failed adoption. Yet, I still am standing, I am here this morning. My house, my faith, my hope have been shaken, but they have not blown away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment