CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Half-Priced Books: More than I bargained for



Yesterday, J and I hit Half Priced Books in search of a particular book on adoption. Their selection is very slim(I guess people tend to hang on to those books). I did not find the book I was looking for but found a few others that looked interesting. I opened the book titled "Loved by Choice" and hidden in the back was a bookmark. This was not just any book mark, but a special, homemade one with the inscription that said "Dear Mom, I will love you forever, and forever you will be the most wonderful mother, You mean everything to me." On the back was a picture of a child and I'm guessing the artist of this bookmark. (I photoshopped him out for obvious reasons.) It is amazing something so small can illicit so many feelings. My first thought was that a mother out there must be missing this bookmark. It obviously was accidently left in the book before it was sold to the bookstore. Of course there is no way to track down the mom and the clerk said they would just throw it away. I decided to buy the book and save this precious bookmark from the recycle bin. I showed it to J and told him my feelings of sadness for the mom who was missing this. And sweet J, always amazing me said"Maybe it was meant for someone to find, someone wanting to be a mom as a reminder that those words could be meant for them!" So I'm keeping it as a reminder, and one day, maybe I will leave it in the book for someone to find, and give them hope.

1 comment:

  1. definitely a sign of some kind I think as well
    interesting for sure

    ReplyDelete