CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 4, 2011

A Worthwhile Wait?

I was recently challenged with a series of questions, one of which I would like to babble about.....
What is the healthiest way to emotionally and spiritually wait? Of course this question was in reference to my waiting during the adoption process, but I don't think that I can or should draw the line there. I think all of us wait for something in life, something that is special, something that is dear to our hearts. How do we do this? How do we do this with grace and faith? I have been thinking about this, well not just thinking about it, but trying to live it, trying to pray about it, and trying to seek advice from others on this topic. If I look back on the past year, there is just not one thing I've done, but a whole assortment of things. Some good, some maybe not so good. I've cried! I've screamed! I've been honest! I've prayed! I've tried new recipes! I've read the bible! I've blogged! I've talked to friends(thanks guys)! I've taken a vacation! I've exercised! I've gotten a new haircut! I've read books!

I guess the answer to the question is that I don't have an answer. So for now while I wait, I will wake up every morning, put 2 feet on the ground, say a prayer of thanks and a prayer for strength and take it day by day. I will try everyday to find something that makes me smile and do something selfless for someone else.  I will try to make this a worth while wait, a time where I learn and grow emotionally and spiritually.  So, for all of those who are waiting for something, I will leave you with something small to smile about.(Or at least this made me smile)

My new doormat that Sadie has really enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. Yes it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key was "worthwhile wait"
    That is profound
    Not many would be able to describe it that way

    Love being able to read normally on an iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very profound! I forget that I've waited many times before and He always came back with the perfect answer in the perfect timing, not only for my life but for His ultimate plan. . . I need to remember that. Thanks Lori!

    ReplyDelete