CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Day that Started it All

It's hard to believe its been a year since I started my blog. It was last year, Ash Wednesday, that it all begin. I guess it is true, if you do something for 40 days, it becomes a part of you, a habit. I have stuck with blogging, not daily but occasionally. This year I am committing to blogging daily about my spiritual journey during this time of year. Today is an invitation by God to become closer to him, according to the Bishop's homily this afternoon. I don't think it could have come at a better time. I really feel far away, from life, from those who love me, from parenthood, from God. Everything has been especially challenging lately, but today I feel hope. I have that invitation to get back to God. So, I am armed with 4 lenten books, the Magnificat, the lenten companion, Lenten daily devotions that arrived in the mail today, and the Little Black book which I used last year. Hopefully, armed with this much help I will be renewed 40 days from now.  It's ironic how the verse to read today is Matthew 6:1 and it says "but take care not to perform righteous deeds in order that people may see them..." My blog is where people can see, but I don't think I'm doing to be on display, but so that others may see me, and walk with me. I do like the suggestion is says for penance and that is to "do something kind for someone anonymously."HMMMM, What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment