CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lent Day 14: "Guilty Pleasures"



I have been writing about a lot of very relevant, yet more thought provoking topics lately.  I sometimes like to just get away and indulge in my guilty pleasures. I think it is good to have some time to enjoy in something that is light hearted and fun.  For me, that guilty pleasure premiered last night...."Dancing with the Stars!"...season 12! Every season is similar, yet highly addictive. I'm not sure if it is the costumes, music,  or stars that really  interests me.  I love the personal stories that make the stars come to life and seem more like me(yeah right!)...human. I know this show is a risk for the cast.  They are putting a piece of themselves on display for the rest of the world to judge them, and all while dancing. In a way, it makes me admire them more(even though they are getting paid). If you asked me who the past winners of the mirror ball trophy were, I probably could only name a few. I don't think it is who wins the trophy that matters, I think it is the journey they take that matters.  It is the sacrifices they make that shape them and make their journey special and also the people who identify with them and root for them to succeed along the way. It is like our life.  It is not the trophies we win along the way, it is the experiences we face that make us who we are. After a long day at work yesterday(and increase in the rice bowl monetary value), I kicked my feet up and enjoyed a little dancing.   I look forward to this season and maybe along the way it will inspire me...to get off my feet and DANCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment