CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent Day 15: "Forgiven, Not Forgotten"

How does one truly forgive?  I think I have forgiven people who have hurt me.  If you still remember, and it still hurts, then can I truly say I have forgiven? Does forgiven mean forgotten?  Can these two coexist? How did Jesus forgive those who crucified him?

  Jesus said"Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing." and they divided up his clothes by casting lots. Mt 23:34

I think the challenge in forgiveness is to truly release the hurt and pain.  I think until you have done this you can't say you have truly forgiven. You may have to forgive over and over before you experience peace.


Matthew 18:21-22 
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.



I searched the web for information on forgiveness and the bible.  A lot of verses about forgiveness appeared. The bible teaches us to forgive. I believe forgiveness is hard work.  It isn't something that comes easy.  It's like studying for a big test you don't want to take.  You know that no matter what, you have to take that test to accomplish your goal. You have to study and put time in to pass the test.  To forgive, you have to pray, have faith, and hope and realize it may take time to truly forgive and begin to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment