CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lent Day 16: "Into the Garden"

Yesterday was beautiful!  The sun was shining, the wind was mildly blowing, and I decided it was time to get my vegetable garden up and running.  I started my first tomato garden last spring with the help of Papa, who is no longer here. He was an expert when it came to vegetable gardening, and also eating the fruits of his labor. I don't think there will ever be a time that I can be in my veggie garden and not think of him.  I knew this year there were going to be a few kinks in my tomato garden, namely Sadie the bone burying basset hound.  She has stepped up her game from burying bones in our piles of laundry, to burying in the dormant vegetable garden this winter. We are not sure why she doesn't chew her bones.  She prefers to bury them and bark at them.  I have put together a little picture essay of how the day went.



Sweet! New Manure! Love the scent!
What are you looking at?

I have gotta go find my bone.

Wanna help?

Thanks for adding dirt to my bone bed.

It was really thoughtful of you.

Finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment