CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Lent Day 27: "Blind"

The Gospel this week was from John 9:1-41. It is the story of the blind man.  The part of this story that really touched me is when Jesus's disciples asked "Rabbi, Who sinned, this man or his parents so that he has become blind?" Jesus answered "Neither he nor his parents sinned; it is so  that the works of God can be made visible though him"

It really hit me because.......How many times in life when things didn't work as planned, did I wondered if I was being punished for my sins? This story tells me that we are not punished. God's plan may be different from ours, and things not working as planned may lead us in a different direction.....so that the works of God can be made visible through us. If you read more interpretation of this story, you find it is more about us being "unblinded" to Jesus, the light.  But in a way, it is the same. We are blind to why we don't always get what we planned, but we must have faith in Jesus if we ever wish to be "unblinded".

No comments:

Post a Comment