CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Keep Hope in Your Heart

I opened a box my grandmother gave me full of rosaries and prayer books. The first prayer book I saw was titled "Keep Hope in Your Heart". Sometimes keeping the hope in your heart for the things we desire the most is really hard, especially when we face adversity while trying to achieve these dreams. I read on, because despite feeling no hope at times, I really want the hope to remain in my heart. I think it would be a really sad day that there is no hope in my heart.  I figured any prayer or poem that helps remind me of this is a good thing. There were several prayers so I decided to post one that touched me today.

Precious Hope
Oh, precious hope that fills the heart with music,
That gives the downcast spirit wings,
To rise above defeat and circumstances;
To treasure  blessings each new dawning brings.
Hope in despair, how welcome the assurance,
God is alive, and He knows what is best.
Though dark the hour and lone the road before us,
 In every storm there is a place of rest.

Regina Wiencek

No comments:

Post a Comment